**Schedule will be updated as the season approaches and progresses**
Be sure to check the Little Bulldog's schedule from the team page. Little Bulldogs Beginning Hockey Program
The Little Bulldog's Beginning Hockey Program is managed and facilitated by the New England Bulldogs Hockey Program.
"It is our goal to afford the opportunity to as many young athletes possible to participate in the sport of hockey"
Practices/skills, small area games (half ice / cross ice / small surface) to be held at the Janas Rink and Hallenborg Rink (occasional skills at Janas with Dynamic Skating)
Each player will receive a Bulldog Game Jersey (yours to keep)
Begins in September and Ends in April
Emphasis in the following areas:
Balance, edges, starts/stops, puck handling, passing, shooting, team play, and most of all FUN - The main goal is to make sure each player enjoys their time on the ice and looks forward to going to the rink.
Online payment available
Click Here for online signup
Must be registered with USA Hockey
Click Here to register with USA Hockey
For any questions or if you would like to assist on ice, please contact Mike Egan at
The New England Bulldogs would like to welcome all interested players to our Open Tryout.
The Bulldogs program will field teams at the following levels for the 2014/2015 season:
Mite Minor (2007/younger)
Mite Major (2006/younger)
Squirt Minor (2005)
Squirt Major (2004)
PeeWee Minor (2003)
PeeWee Major (2002)
Bantam Minor (2001)
Bantam Major (2000)
Knowledgeable, experienced coaching staff who encourage each player to maximize their talent and their love for the game
Coaches are USA Hockey certified
Bulldogs are based at the Janas Rink, Hallenborg Rink, and Tsongas Center
Janas Ice Rink is conveniently located off Route 495 with easy access (conveniently located to many retail stores and restaurants
Prime time practices, skills, off ice strenght training, and game schedule all year long with age appropriate hours
Practice Sessions will be planned and designed to maximize each minute spent on the ice that will allow each player the best chance possible to reach their full potential and keep their passion for the sport of hockey
Games are 15 minute periods (Mites are 12) and played on prime ice hours
League Play in the Eastern Hockey Federation Tier I AAA division, with a pathway for play into the EHF Elite Division.
League Play in the Eastern Minor Hockey League
Skills provided by Dynamic Skating
Off-ice strength training with Jamie Smith of University of Strength
Goalie training credit towards any training provider
Home and Away Game Jerseys (new style), Practice Jersey, and Socks to be provided
The EHF releases the Tier 1 Elite Play-in format as well as the Tier 1 format for the 2014-15 season
January 13, 2014
2013-14 Tier 1 Elite Play-in Format
1. The top 2 Tier 1 teams at each level based on win % as of games played through February 9, 2014 will earn the right to try to play their way fulltime into the Elite division for the 2014-15 season.
2. The #1 seeded Tier 1 team will play the # 2, 3, 6 & 7 Elite seeds and the #2 seeded Tier 1 team will play the # 1, 4, 5 & 8 Elite seeds. The EHF Elite division seeds will to be determined by winning % for games played through Feb 9th.
3. The games will be played in the above order, one game per week through the rest of February and the first week of March. All games will be scheduled by the league and will be hosted by the Elite teams. Mid-week practice ice sheets may be used to schedule the games.
4. To qualify to play full time in the Elite division the following season, a Tier 1 team will need to earn 5 pts in their 4 games against the Elite teams.
5. If a Tier 1 team fails to qualify for the Elite Division, through earning 5 pts, they still will be able to play some Elite games the following year by earning a minimum of 3 pts in the above mentioned play in format.
6. If a Tier 1 team earns 4 pts they will be scheduled by the League the following year to play 1 game each against the # 5,6, 7 and 8th seeded Elite teams from the prior season final standings. Two home games and two away games.
7. If a Tier 1 team earns 3 pts they will be scheduled by the League the following year to play 1 game each against the # 7, 8, 9 and 10th seeded Elite teams from the prior season. Two home games and two away games.
8. No more games will be played once a Tier 1 team has earned 5 pts or based on the remaining games can no longer earn 3pts.
9. Games will be 3 - 15 minute periods with no overtime. No timeouts will be allowed.
10. Roster Rules will be the same as the EHF playoffs. Fulltime players (70% of all games when healthy) only and no alternates. Maximum roster size is 20 players and minimum is the league minimum for each age division.
11. Use of an illegal player will result in the team automatically not qualifying for the Elite division and the coach will be suspended for 5 games.
12. The Elite Play-in will involve the 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002 and 2001 age divisions. The Mite Minor (2006) and the Bantam Minor (2000) will not participate in the Elite Play-in format.
2014-15 Tier 1 Parity Format
Starting with the 2014-15 season, the Tier 1 division will be broken into an upper and lower division at each birth year. Assuming a 20 team division, below is the format the league will use to slot the teams:
1. The top 6 regular season finishers from the 2013-14 season automatically qualify for the upper division.
2. The league will host an April Parity tournament the weekend of April 5th after tryouts for teams to earn one of the remaining 4 spots in the upper division.
3. The April Parity tournament is optional so only teams that want to play in the upper division need to play.
4. For the April Parity tournament rosters need to be submitted to the league and have to be reviewed and approved by the organization’s director.
5. Parity tournament rosters rules will be same as the EHF playoffs. Fulltime players only and no alternates. Maximum roster size is 16 players and minimum is the league minimum for each age division.
6. Use of an illegal player during the April Parity tournament will result in the team automatically going to the lower division and the coach will be suspended for 5 games.
7. The Mite divisions will play together as one group so they will not be involved in the Parity format.
The New England Bulldogs are proud to announce that we will be joining the Eastern Hockey Federation (EHF) and the Eastern Minor Hockey League (EMHL) for the upcoming 2013-2014 season. We will be participating in the EHF Tier I Division and the EMHL Division. This is an exciting time for the Bulldogs organization and we are happy to be joining the best youth hockey league in the area. Please click the following link: EHF and EMHL for further information about the Eastern Hockey Federation League and the Eastern Minor Hockey League.